Sun in Vedic astrology plays an important role. It is known as the soul of our universe. Sun also represents life on our earth and every human being is so connected with it.
Sun in Vedic astrology defines the soul of a human being. The channeling of the Sun’s energy defines the life of a person, whether he will shine like a star or burn like ash. Sun is a symbol of courage, confidence, and positivity. It is a living GOD we see in the sky that is the source of life.
General Characteristics of the Sun in Vedic Astrology
Sun in the Vedic in astrology is called Ravi or Suryadev. Sun is a male character. He is considered to be mild malefic due to the heat and power it generates. Sun is the son of Aditi and Kashyap Rishi.
In Vedic astrology, Sun rules the Leo Sign. Sun is exalted in Aries while it is debilitated in Libra. In Sanskrit, he is called the Atmakaraka, which means the indicator of the soul. Sun is the indicator of paternity characteristics like ego, honors, status, prosperity, vitality, and power.
Additionally, the sun has been used throughout human history for its various medicinal benefits such as treating jaundice, psoriasis, and vitiligo. It can also help improve circulation, digestion, and metabolism.
Natives who have exalted and positive sun in his/her horoscope, give them high personalities with charismatic characteristics and have good will power, and are determined about their works.
Roles Of the Sun in Vedic Astrology
Sun is friends with Moon, Mars, and Jupiter while enemies are with Saturn and Venus. Mercury, however, behaves neutral. Sun is exalted at 10 degrees in Aries and debilitated in Libra by 10 degrees. It generally faces the eastern direction. Lucky colors for a native of the Sun are orange, saffron, and light red. Sun is usually associated with Narayana and Sachidanand.
Sun is extremely beneficial and strong for fire signs like Leo, Aries, and Sagittarius. It is on the rise in Aries, while Leo is considered to be the basic triangle or mooltrikona sign. When the Sun is strong, the native achieves success and prosperity. The health is steady and in strong condition throughout life. A strong Sun in Lagna keeps the person energetic and fit. The positive effects of the Sun in Lagna make the people strong and powerful. Such a person knows how to hold his emotion and assess the situation before concluding anything. The individual will be determined and responsible. People around them might find this confidence as a sign of ego or arrogance. But this is not true.
Due to the effect of the Sun, a person is likely to be placed in the government sector. It helps a person to be principled and disciplined, influential, have good organizing skills, analyst, creator, and a person who likes to achieve success as he progresses.
Sun Also represents Government, Authority, Power, and wisdom in a native’s life. The person who is practicing for government jobs must know the placement of their sun. Sun gives good result in 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 10th,11th houses.
The Sun and its conjunction with other planets
When the Sun is in conjunction with another planet, the effects are either beneficial or malefic.
- When the Sun and Moon are in conjunction, it makes the person determined and resolute. The person will be very energetic and will accomplish what they want. It also creates the Amavasya dosh which makes a person very emotionally weak.
- When the Sun is in conjunction with Mercury, it makes a person very intelligent, which will benefit the person in many areas of life. This conjunction creates Budh Aaditya Rajyoga if placed in Good houses.
- The conjunction between the Sun and Jupiter creates a powerful spiritual effect. According to Vedic astrology, the Sun is the soul and Jupiter is one’s inner-self. Due to this, the person takes an interest in religion and spirituality.
- When there is a conjunction between the Sun and Venus, it is extremely beneficial. The person will be energetic and enthusiastic. But, he/she may also become easily dissatisfied. Native with this conjunction must have jealous nature.
- The conjunction between the Sun and Saturn leads to Shrapit Dosha. During this phase, the native will face a lot of struggles in life. Despite the fact that the Sun and Saturn are father and son, they share a bitter relationship.
- When the Sun and Rahu are in conjunction, it leads to Grahana Yoga and Pitra dosha. The person will undergo a lot of difficulties. During this phase, a person’s self-esteem will also reduce.
Remedies To Enhance A Weak Sun
So how do you cure a weak Sun in your chart? Here are a few remedies.
- Wear Red colored ruby seated on metal on Sunday. (Consult A Astrologer before wearing it)
- Before stepping out of the house, consume a glass of water mixed with sugar.
- Perform Surya Namaskar every morning for good health and vitality.
- Offer water to the Sun during Sunrise facing the east side.
- Chant “Aaditya Hridaya Stotra”
- Sun has a paternity effect, so if anyone wants to reduce the malefic effect of the Sun, then he/she must respect his father, teacher, and elder siblings.
- Recite Gayatri Mantra or Om Suryaya Namaha (108 times) for maximum favorable results.
- Feed cows with wheat and jaggery.
However, all these remedies should be done only after consulting an expert astrologer.
Sun in Vedic astrology is important to natives’ life and make him/her successful. It both positively and negatively affects a person’s life. We need to analyze the Sun in our horoscope to look at how Sun will affect our life.