In Vedic astrology kemdrum dosh is one of the bad dosh that appears in a native’s horoscope. This bad yoga is happening due to Moon. When there is no planet situated before or the after houses of Moon where it placed formed this dosh.
However, it will become worse when there is no aspect from a beneficial or good planet to the moon. Since, Moon is a karak of our emotions, wealth, and mind then it will negatively affect natives’ minds. Kemdrum dosh is not always negative for an individual.
In fact, it provides strong power to a person to face all sorts of struggles in life so that he may excel and achieve success. People with this Yoga are generally seen to be excellent Generals, Ministers, Councillors, Advisors, Teachers, Professors, Coaches, and highly paid & in-demand consultants.
What is Kemdrum Dosh
Kemdrum Dosh and Kemdrum yoga are two names for the same dosh. It is said that the Kemdrum Dosh hits you negatively and positively when there is no planet on either side of the Moon. According to many astrologers, this dosh is not as malefic as it is generally believed to be. If the placement of the moon is favorable, this period can prove to be a good time for you.
It is also believed that any one particular aspect of your life will face the highest impact. Either your education will remain incomplete forever or you may not get married at all. If you do get married, your married life will never be happy. You may never settle down well in life. At the last stage of your life, you may lose all of your accumulative wealth.
How Kemdrum Affects Your Life.
The positive effects of Kemdrum Dosh are many. You will feel extremely confident during the mahadasha and antardasha of Moon ; you will never give up, no matter what the situation. Intellect will come as a boon to those afflicted with this dosh. You could very well attain a good position. Your good nature will earn name and fame for you. But these very things can turn around completely, so tread carefully during this period.
Moon is considered to be very important in Vedic astrology. Thus when no planet is present anywhere close to the moon, nothing good is added to your life. There will be many ups and downs in your life. Since things are liable to change unexpectedly, this period will see you in a state of constant confusion. It doesn’t matter whether or not you achieve success; you will feel utterly lost most of the time. Undoubtedly the Moon will leave a deep impact on your life. Your decision-making abilities will deteriorate during the Kemdrumdosh and thus there are chances that due to a wrong decision, you could lose all that you have acquired.
It is believed that this dosh brings extreme financial difficulty. Thus you should be careful in money matters. It is very likely that you will be inclined towards immoral activities; the sense of right and wrong will not come easily to you when the Kemdrum dosh is ongoing.
You will want to be left alone. In fact, your loved ones may opt to stay away from you. This isolation could make you the victim of an over-active imagination and take you away from reality. It will become extremely difficult for you to keep your composure at public gatherings or family functions. The Moon is related to your mind which will waver continuously; you will have no control over it most of the time. Thus during Kemdrum dosh, your faltering mind will overrule logic and reason, rendering you directionless.
On the other hand, you could become highly creative and imaginative during Kemdrum dosh. You may become spiritually inclined which will help you to control your thoughts. Once you start using this detachment to your benefit, this dosh will become a boon and there will be a deeper understanding of the things happening in your life.
Some negative effects of this dosha
- Kemadruma Dosha causes a person to seek solitude
- Their mind might be restless and troubled
- They find it difficult to form good relationships even with their family members and their children
- They may suffer from poverty
- These persons tend to be depressed and conflicted
- Further, they may be emotionally weighed down, unable to complete essential tasks
- So, they may end up being dependent on others
- Many may find it difficult to concentrate
- They have a lot of negativity that stops them from persevering
- Kemadruma Dosha may cause them to face a lot of failure in life
- Even if they earn a lot of wealth, they may lose it because of their own hasty decisions
- These people may not be able to get a good education and have a good career
- They may not bring much happiness to those around them
- They may have good knowledge but may find it difficult to use it practically
Cancellation of Kemadruma Yoga
According to some shastras in Vedic Astrology, if there is a planet conjunct, or in the second, twelfth or ninth houses from the Moon, Kemadruma yoga is canceled. Kemadruma yoga is also canceled if Moon is in the sign of an auspicious planet. Mercury, Jupiter, and Venus are considered to be auspicious planets and confer such results.
Remedies for Kemadruma Yoga
Remedies may help in decreasing the effects of Kemadruma Yoga. Remedies also increase the auspicious effects of Kemdruma Yoga. These are :
- Fast on the day of Purnima for four consecutive years. Begin this fast from a Purnima which is on Monday or from the day of Chitra nakshatra which is on Monday.
- Visit a temple on Mondays and pour a cow’s milk on Shivalinga and worship lord Shiva. Worship Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati. Recite ‘Om Namah Shivaya’ with a Rudraksha mala.
- Keep a Dakshinavarti shell in the house and read Sri Suktam regularly. Keep water in this shell and pour it on an idol of Goddess Lakshmi. Wear a Sri Yantra made of silver with a pearl in it.
- Chant the Mahamrityunjaya mantra 108 times on your birthday.