Planets impact our life significantly. Vedic astrology helps us to understand how these planets affect our life. In this post, We will learn what is Mars in Vedic astrology and how it affects your personality.
What Is Mars in Vedic Astrology?
In Vedic astrology Mars represents our courage, and is also known as the God of War. It also represents the blood as Mars is Karak of Blood in Human Beings.
According to Hindu Mythology, Mars or Mangal is known as Bhoomi Putra. He is the son of Mother planet Earth. The ancient Scriptures of ancient India also declare Angaraka the son of Earth. Mars is also further identified with Kartikeya, the god of war. It is believed that when Earth was submerged in the vast expanse of sea, Lord Vishnu lifted the Earth in his Varaha Avatar, brought it out, and placed it in a suitable orbit.
Mars in Vedic Astrology represents energy, assertiveness, and the ability to take action. It represents the way one uses energy on many different levels. It manifests in the mind as the ability to analyze situations; it may also measure the force of ambition. It manifests in the body as physical energy and strength. In the social sphere, Mars in Astrology represents those relationships that test one’s strength, such as one’s competitors and enemies. The condition of Mars in Astrology in an individual horoscope will indicate the level of one’s energy and ambition.
Characteristics of Planet Mars
When Mars is placed positively in your birth chart, then it bestows you with a good personality. It will become very beneficial for you. It provides you with valor, energy, and forced to compete with your enemies, debt, diseases, and competitions. You will be very quick-minded and will not take much time to make decisions. Let’s see below how Mars confers good, medium, and bad results:
- Strong Mars: It means placement of Mars in favourable sign or exaltation sign, which confers good results and strong will power to face any difficult situation. You would have good leadership attributes inherent within you and only believe in giving orders to others to perform any task. Mars is the planet which makes the native adventurous and independent. They do not relish suggestions from others. “Mars is the Commander In Chief for brother and landed property”
- Beneficial Mars: It provides you physical strength to overcome from upcoming difficulties. Your opposition will not dare to face you. Mostly, people will follow your orders.
- Afflicted Mars: Afflicted Mars will not be good as one will be rash, temperamental and foolhardy. One will be quarrelsome. One will always be ready for violence and won’t hesitate to take the aggressive steps.
What does Mars signify in Vedic Astrology?
In Vedic astrology, Mars represents the “younger siblings especially brother” in the native’s birth chart. It rules over the first house and eighth house in Kaal Purush Kundali in Vedic Astrology and is the significator of the third house and fourth house.
The third house is the house of valor with Mars holding this position in the horoscope. Likewise, Sixth House is the house of Debt, Diseases, and Enemies and again Mars can do much better in this house as it has the good fighting ability, which will provide you the force to cope up better in the areas associated with the sixth house. Let’s understand below what it signifies:
- Body Parts: It represents the muscular system, left ear, face and head, bladder, nose, sense of taste, uterus, pelvis, kidney, prostate gland, groins, rectum, colon, testicles and red bone marrow.
- Physical appearance: People born under the strong influence of planet Mars will have white complexion with a shade of red. The native will be tall and muscular. There will be pimples on face. The eyes will be round. Their waists will be narrow and bones will be full of red bone marrow.
- Diseases: Diseases associated with the planet Mars are: All acute fevers, Small-pox, Chicken pox, Plague, Measles, Mumps, inflammatory complaints, burns, ruptures of capillaries, Fistula, wounds, cuts, brain fever, Hemorrhage Typhoid, Puerperal fever, ulcer in intestines, malaria, Abortions, boils, bleeding, Tumour, Tetanus etc.
When mars govern the 10th house which is its own sign or exalted place then it creates a Raj Yoga Named “Kuldeepak Yoga” In this yoga, Native will get name and fame.
Mars Is a Yogkarak and Beneficial Planet for Aries, Leo, Scorpio, and Sagittarius Ascendant.
What are the professions generally denoted by planet Mars?
if Mars is well placed in your chart and is a benefic planet then the native may get employed in defense sectors like military, police, arms, and ammunition, etc.
Hunters and gunners also have a strong influence on Mars over the 2nd, 6th, or 10th house. Chemists, dentists, surgeons, butchers, and barbers are governed by the planet Mars.
Those who deal in iron and steel, kitchen, boilers, steam engines, etc., are under the rule of Mars. It also denotes factory, dealers in corals, ruby, red articles, thief, robber, dacoit, murderer, etc.
Remedies for Malefic Mars
If Mars is malefic or weak in your chart then it might create issues in your life. You can follow these simple remedies to nullify the ill effect of Mars.
- Distribute sweets in a nearby temple or a religious place.
- Don’t wear or use red colour.
- Control your anger by practising meditation.
- To resolve blood circulation issues, consume garlic after food or Triphla at night.
- To avoid heat or Pitta problems stay away from heavy food items.
- Offer sweet milk to a banyan tree.
- Keep a square piece of silver with you.
- Don’t speak lies and maintain a good moral character.
- Don’t sell ancestral property or gold .
- Consume honey first thing in the morning.
- Planting pomegranate tree outside the house is a great remedy.
- Feeding monkeys is another way of calming Mars
- Wearing a Red Coral Stone (Consult with a Astrologer )
I hope this post has given you a clear idea about What is Mars in Vedic Astrology? If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comment sections. Don’t forget to share the post with your friends.